News Details

Ferrari approached Sainz over the winter to replace Vettel

It seems Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari agreed to part ways much earlier after replacement Carlos Sainz revealed he was first approached during the 2019/20 winter. Last week the shock news came that Vettel won't be racing for Ferrari after the '20 season having failed to agree terms to extend his contract, with the German reportedly unhappy with Ferrari's offer. Ferrari team boss Mattia Binotto later came out and said the four-time World Champion didn't share the team's short- and long-term goals, which ultimately led to the decision to part ways. ADVERTISEMENT Sainz was quickly confirmed as Vettel's replacement, leading to suggestions Ferrari and the Spaniard were talking much earlier,...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

‘Detoxed' Alonso ready for Formula 1 return –...

Fernando Alonso is ready to return to Formula 1 having taken a few years...
5y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Sainz will challenge Leclerc at Ferrari reckons Brown

Carlos Sainz will give Charles Leclerc 'a run for his money' in 2021,...
5y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

How Hamilton is coping with his "shock to the...

Lewis Hamilton has declared it "a shock to the system" to be...
5y ago from GPFans.com

A Vettel-Hamilton ‘super team' would be good for...

Bernie Ecclestone is pushing for Mercedes to sign Sebastian Vettel in a...
5y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Sebastien Ogier wins 9th WRC title, Thierry Neuville...

Sebastien Ogier won his ninth WRC title in Saudia Arabia and Vincent...

Sebastien Ogier leads the virtual title chase as...

Friday in Saudi Arabia was the toughest day of the season. The overnight...
21h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Arsenal and Man United told how much they need to pay...

Arsenal and Manchester United will have to fork out £75 million to sign...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

“Now we will be enemies but we are friends” -...

Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana has admitted that he has not spoken to...
1h ago from SportsKeeda.com

“No better time for them to play Arsenal” - Ray...

Arsenal legend Ray Parlour expects Chelsea and his former side to play out...
17m ago from SportsKeeda.com

Chelsea ready to break rival hearts with move for...

Chelsea are reportedly interested in the Arsenal youngster Myles...
2h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.