News Details

Honda vetoes Alonso's Indy 500 deal

Feb.3 Fernando Alonso's plans to contest his third Indy 500 this May are reportedly in tatters. We reported last week that the Spaniard had agreed to make his latest attempt to complete the 'triple crown' with Michael Andretti's top outfit. An announcement was apparently imminent, but new reports indicate that the deal has now been vetoed by Andretti's engine supplier Honda. Alonso and Honda have a checkered past, with the former two-time F1 champion now admitting that he regrets describing the Japanese company's engine supplied to McLaren in 2015 as a "GP2 engine". "Maybe I shouldn't have said it, but I didn't say it in the TV pen or the press conference," he told F1...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Honda Denies Alonso Indy 500 Drive

Fernando Alonso has had his Indy 500 drive with Andretti Autosport...
5y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Alonso's Indy 500 deal set to be announced

Jan.30 Fernando Alonso's deal to contest the Indy 500 in May will be...
5y ago from OneStopStrategy.com

Alonso Indy 500 bid with Andretti blackballed by Honda!

Fernando Alonso's month of May could turn out to be a leisurely thirty...
5y ago from F1i.com

Legendary IndyCar driver Tony Kanaan announces...

Legendary IndyCar driver Tony Kanaan announced that he will retire after...
5y ago from FormulaSpy.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Sebastien Ogier leads the virtual title chase as...

Friday in Saudi Arabia was the toughest day of the season. The overnight...
18h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

“Hopefully he brings the same energy” - John Terry...

Premier League Hall of Famer John Terry believes Chelsea defender Marc...
1h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Fierce battle expected as Chelsea make contact to sign...

Enzo Maresca's Chelsea have established contact as they look to sign...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

“I have dreams”: Attacker openly admits desire to...

Brazilian international Luiz Henrique talks about his desire to play in...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Saturday round-up: Positive Jesus, Arteta on Rice

Morning. A quick Saturday round-up for you. Obviously we'll keep the...
3h ago from Arseblog.com

Comments

Hottest News

Brown: The rules are a bit draconian

McLaren CEO Zak Brown labels Formula 1 rules as... Read More »
1h ago from GrandPrix247.com

F1: Pirelli reveals fresh tyre fears

With a strict limit on how many laps each tyre... Read More »
30m ago from Pitpass.com

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.