News Details

Hartley says F1 exit rumours started at Monaco

Brendon Hartley says it was clear as far back as last year's Monaco grand prix that Red Bull would oust him. The New Zealander was a surprise draft into the junior team Toro Rosso's lineup following the ousting in late 2017 of Daniil Kvyat. But Kvyat is back for 2019, and the Russian's teammate will be rookie Alexander Albon. Hartley's departure wasn't announced until the season finale in Abu Dhabi, but the 29-year-old said he started to hear rumours around the time of May's Monaco GP. "When I look back now, what I will remember most is walking down to the paddock to meet with the media on the Wednesday and receiving a bunch of questions about my future," he told media platform...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Plans to oust Hartley were 'set in motion' at Monaco

Brendon Hartley has revealed that a plan last season by Red Bull to...
7y ago from F1i.com

Hartley believes plan to cut him started in Monaco

Brendon Hartley Brendon Hartley believes that a plan to axe him from...
7y ago from SpeedCafe.com

Brendon Hartley: Red Bull plans to axe me started in...

Former Toro Rosso driver Brendon Hartley believes there were plans afoot...
7y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Hartley reveals details over Toro Rosso F1 exit

Brendon Hartley has revealed more details about his exit from Toro Rosso...
7y ago from Crash.net

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Alexander Rossi fastest as rain disrupts second...

The NTT IndyCar Series completed the second and final day of testing at...
15h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Arsenal star makes decision on Emirates future,...

Bukayo Saka has signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal, and the...
18m ago from CaughtOffside.com

'Incredible' manager tipped to replace Arteta at...

Former Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit believes Como boss Cesc Fabregas...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Report: Man Utd have discussed £95m Liverpool...

Manchester United have reportedly had some internal discussions about the...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Saka becomes Arsenal's best-paid player after signing...

Bukayo Saka has signed a new four-year contract at Arsenal that makes him...
1h ago from SkySports.com

Comments

Hottest News

F1 Testing Results: Bahrain timesheets as Lewis Hamilton...

Lewis Hamilton's second day of F1 testing at the... Read More »
5h ago from GPFans.com

F1: Test Times: Bahrain 19-02

Today's times from Manama, the second day of the... Read More »
18m ago from Pitpass.com

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.