News Details

McLaren plans mid-season Alonso talks

May 15 McLaren will open talks with Fernando Alonso about 2019 around the middle of the season. That is the news from team executive Zak Brown, acknowledging the rumours that the Spanish driver may not stay in formula one or at McLaren beyond this year. Alonso, 36, did the Indy 500 last year and is attempting the full world endurance championship plus Le Mans in 2018. But Brown says McLaren wants Alonso to stay. "We want him to continue here for many years and we want him to continue at McLaren," he told AS newspaper. However, McLaren has young charger Lando Norris waiting impatiently in the wings for an opportunity. But Brown said the British team is still focused on Alonso....
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

McLaren sure they can keep Alonso for 2019

McLaren is determined to keep two-time world champion and current driver...
7y ago from GPBlog.com

Brown: We'll see what Fernando wants to do

Amid reports that Fernando Alonso is considering retiring from Formula 1...
7y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Miami approves plans for F1 GP from 2019

Plans for an inaugural Formula 1 race in Miami have been approved after...
7y ago from Crash.net

Vandoorne keen to remain with McLaren for 2019

Stoffel Vandoorne says he wants to remain a McLaren driver next season,...
7y ago from PlanetF1.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Victoria Government rejects MotoGP requests to move...

The Victoria State Government has rejected a request from MotoGP to move...

Dorna Sports unveils rebrand as part of MotoGP...

Dorna Sports has announced it will be officially known as MotoGP Sports...
10h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

George Barber, founder of iconic IndyCar venue, passes...

Barber Motorsports Park has announced that founder of the iconic track...

Honda confirms early discussions for 2028 factory...

Honda, one of two engine manufacturers that supply IndyCar, has confirmed...

Romain Grosjean returns to IndyCar with full time seat...

Dale Coyne Racing has made public its plans for the 2026 IndyCar season,...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Arsenal get green light as 35-goal forward eyes summer...

Nico Williams has been linked with a move away from Athletic Club Bilbao...
2h ago from CaughtOffside.com

‘All formal steps completed' – BBC man...

Arsenal have officially agreed to a blockbuster new contract with star...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Contract stand-off alert: Arsenal smell opportunity as...

Arsenal are plotting an ambitious move to sign the PSG superstar Ousmane...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

'He’s got everything to suit the best clubs in...

Former Chelsea star Emmanuel Petit has urged Arsenal to sign Julian...
3h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.