News Details

Wolff denies Mercedes had contract talks with Vettel

Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff insists that the team did not have any discussions with Sebastian Vettel about a possible future drive, contradicting non-executive chairman Niki Lauda. Earlier on Saturday Lauda told Sky F1 that there had been a discussion two months ago, but that it had fizzled out when it became clear that Vettel was planning to stay at Ferrari. "We discussed it briefly once with him, but the more competitive Ferrari goes the less the reason he would want to leave," said Lauda. "So therefore we stopped right away a couple of months ago." He then suggested that Vettel had used Mercedes to ramp up his value. "I think every driver, if he's clever, talks...
Full Story »
8y ago from Motorsport.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Belgian GP: Hamilton quickest in FP2 before rain hits...

Lewis Hamilton continued his flying start to the resumption of the Formula...
8y ago from Motorsport.com

Belgian GP: Practice notes - Ferrari

It was a day of mixed feelings for Scuderia Ferrari drivers Kimi...
8y ago from Pitpass.com

Inside Line F1 Podcast: Where's Mclaren's Support For...

After a couple of week's break, we're back with this week's episode of the...
8y ago from Motorsport.com

Ferrari chief Mattia Binotto sure engine penalties can...

Ferrari Chief Technical Officer Mattia Binotto remains confident that...
8y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...

Alexander Rossi fastest as rain disrupts second...

The NTT IndyCar Series completed the second and final day of testing at...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Mikel Arteta fires back at ‘bottlers' tag as...

Arsenal are fighting for the Premier League title, but they have been...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Mikel Arteta rules out ‘bottlers’ jibe but accepts...

t;li>‘It’s not part of my vocabulary. I wouldn’t use that...
3h ago from TheGuardian.com

Man United accelerate move for 'generational' talent,...

Manchester United are hoping to sign the Brazilian attacker Gabriel...
6h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Liverpool join Arsenal in race for 23-year-old...

Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in signing the PSG attacker Bradley...
6h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.