News Details

Monza ready to sign three-year extension to host Italian Grand Prix

Monza's place on the Formula 1 calendar as the host of the Italian Grand Prix looks secure as officials confirmed on Wednesday they have provisionally agreed a deal for a three-year extension to their current contract. The future of the race had looked uncertain, with financial troubles hurting the circuit and Imola vying to take the race as it sought to return to the calendar. Bernie Ecclestone even threatened to cancel the Italian GP altogether, but it seems negotiations have now moved passed the hurdles which had previously held a new deal up, though it's not 100 per cent complete, with Ecclestone yet to sign it off. During a press conference on Wednesday, Angelo...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Monza set for new three-year F1 deal

– Monza is set to remain as the host of the Italian Grand Prix...
9y ago from GPUpdate.net

New Monza deal agreed?

It is understood that a new deal has been agreed which will see the...
9y ago from Pitpass.com

Monza ready to sign deal to keep Italian Grand Prix...

Italian Grand Prix chiefs expect to sign a new three-year contract with...
9y ago from Motorsport.com

Monza primed for fresh Italian GP deal through 2019

©Wri2 Monza, which plays host to this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix, is...
9y ago from F1i.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Sebastien Ogier wins 9th WRC title, Thierry Neuville...

Sebastien Ogier won his ninth WRC title in Saudia Arabia and Vincent...

Sebastien Ogier leads the virtual title chase as...

Friday in Saudi Arabia was the toughest day of the season. The overnight...
22h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

“No better time for them to play Arsenal” - Ray...

Arsenal legend Ray Parlour expects Chelsea and his former side to play out...
1h ago from SportsKeeda.com

“They are doing very well, but we haven't faced them...

Chelsea star Moises Caicedo has boldly said that his side can do well...
21m ago from SportsKeeda.com

Arsenal and Man United told how much they need to pay...

Arsenal and Manchester United will have to fork out £75 million to sign...
2h ago from CaughtOffside.com

“Now we will be enemies but we are friends” -...

Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana has admitted that he has not spoken to...
3h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

F1 2025 Qatar Grand Prix – Sprint Race Results

Oscar Piastri converted pole position to win the... Read More »
1h ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Qatar GP: Piastri breezes to Sprint win, beats Russell and...

McLaren’s Oscar Piastri delivered a faultless... Read More »
51m ago from F1i.com

LIVE: 2025 F1 Qatar Grand Prix - Sprint

Follow along with all the action live from the... Read More »
2h ago from RacingNews365.com

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.