News Details
COTA confirms 2016 US GP will go ahead
The Circuit of the Americas has confirmed the United States Grand Prix will go ahead as planned this year. The Austin race was thrown into doubt last year after the Texas state government reduced the subsidy it pays to the track to host the event. The grand prix, scheduled for October 23, was listed as provisional on the 2016 calendar. On Wednesday, however, organisers said the event will go ahead, and that 10-time Grammy winner Taylor Swift will perform on the Saturday of the grand prix weekend. "We are so happy to confirm F1's return to COTA as well as Taylor Swift's headline performance," said COTA CEO Bobby Epstein. "We can't think of a better way to mark this important...
Full Story »
Full Story »
9y ago from Motorsport.com
0
You May Also Be Interested In...
COTA formally confirms 2016 US Grand Prix
Red Bull/Getty Images Officials at the Circuit of the Americas have...
9y ago from F1Zone.net
Organisers to announce US Grand Prix will race
Organisers of the Formula One U.S. Grand Prix are set to announce the...
9y ago from F1Pulse.com
US GP Austin back on track, Italian Monza still in...
The US grand prix in Austin looks to be back on track. Although now a...
9y ago from ThisIsF1.com
US grand prix hopes buoyed as Austin lowers tax bill
Hopes are increasing that the embattled US grand prix will in fact take...
9y ago from ThisIsF1.com
Elsewhere On The Network
Popular On MGPToday.com
Why Jorge Martin burst into tears at MotoGP Hungarian...
No description available...
20h ago from Motorsport.com
Marc Marquez: ‘My exceptional 2025 MotoGP season...
No description available...
23h ago from Motorsport.com
Yamaha confirms its V4 will race at MotoGP San Marino...
No description available...
3d ago from Motorsport.com
Why Yamaha was disappointing on 2026 MotoGP rider...
No description available...
1d ago from Motorsport.com
Popular On IndyCarToday.com
IndyCar's Alex Palou is not on Red Bull's F1...
No description available...
13h ago from Motorsport.com
Chip Ganassi shuts down Alex Palou and Red Bull F1...
No description available...
2d ago from Motorsport.com
IndyCar partners with iRacing for standalone video...
The NTT IndyCar Series will feature in a new branded video game title,...
2d ago from MotorsportWeek.c...
Winners and losers of IndyCar Snap-On Milwaukee Mile...
No description available...
4d ago from Motorsport.com
Popular On TotalWRC.com
Fast WRC Paraguay stages promise “plenty of...
No description available...
15h ago from Motorsport.com
FIA launches tender process for new WRC promoter
No description available...
1w ago from Motorsport.com
Esteban Ocon's wild childhood dream: 'I wanted to buy...
No description available...
2w ago from Motorsport.com
Popular On GunnersToday.com
Crystal Palace close to agreeing compensation with...
Crystal Palace are reportedly close to agreeing the amount of compensation...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com
Premier League build-up LIVE! Slot and Howe set to...
No description available...
1h ago from SkySports.com
Can Eze complete redemption arc and push Arsenal to PL...
Eberechi Eze's journey to becoming an Arsenal player was one that began...
1h ago from SkySports.com
Champions League draw reaction : Havertz has knee...
Morning. Let's start today with the Champions League draw that took place...
2h ago from Arseblog.com
Comments
Hottest News
Mercedes cut ties with race-winning driver for 2026
Mercedes will part way with one of their drivers... Read More »
3h ago from GPFans.com
Carlos Sainz scoffs at bold Mercedes claim on 2026 F1 cars
Carlos Sainz has rubbished the claim from... Read More »
56m ago from MotorsportWeek.com
McLaren drivers back split strategies despite Hungary debate
McLaren has reaffirmed its commitment to allowing... Read More »
46m ago from F1i.com