News Details

Qualifying format changes delayed

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone says the introduction of a new elimination qualifying format will be delayed until the fifth race of the season. He said the software controlling the new system would not be ready for the start of the season on 18-20 March. "My guys who do the timing said: 'Mr E, we don't want to be put in the position because we don't think we can get it done properly in time'," he said. He added the system "wasn't my idea" and he wanted a different approach. Ecclestone said the new system would go ahead, however. Governing body the FIA announced on Wednesday that a new qualifying system had been agreed that would feature the slowest car being eliminated...
Full Story »
9y ago from BBC.co.uk 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

New qualifying format set to be delayed

Formula 1's controversial new qualifying system looks set to be delayed...
9y ago from Crash.net

F1 set to delay new qualifying format

Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula 1 is set to delay the introduction of its...
9y ago from F1Zone.net

New Formula 1 qualifying format introduced this season

Formula 1  will have a new qualifying format this season as part of...
9y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Proposed qualifying format set for delay

– Formula 1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone says that the proposed new...
9y ago from GPUpdate.net

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Sebastien Ogier leads the virtual title chase as...

Friday in Saudi Arabia was the toughest day of the season. The overnight...
16h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Top reporter confirms Arsenal, Man Utd & Chelsea...

Leading German football journalist Florian Plettenberg has more or less...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

“I have dreams”: Attacker openly admits desire to...

Brazilian international Luiz Henrique talks about his desire to play in...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Saturday round-up: Positive Jesus, Arteta on Rice

Morning. A quick Saturday round-up for you. Obviously we'll keep the...
1h ago from Arseblog.com

Approach made: Arsenal contact super agent over 15 G/A...

Arsenal have reportedly registered an interest in Juventus attacking...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

FIA act after McLaren failure at Qatar Grand Prix

McLaren have avoided punishment for a situation... Read More »
2h ago from GPFans.com

Leclerc lays bare Ferrari’s struggles in Qatar –...

Charles Leclerc cut a frustrated figure under the... Read More »
22m ago from F1i.com

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.