News Details

F1 wrong to pursue closed cockpit route - Hulkenberg

Nico Hulkenberg insists he has not changed his view that Formula 1 is wrong to pursue a closed cockpit route, despite it now almost certain such changes are coming for 2017. The German was outspoken last year that he believed F1 should remain true to its tradition of being open-cockpit single seaters. And, although a push to introduce a Halo-concept of head protection for 2017 is now well advanced and supported by many drivers, Hulkenberg still stands firm in his belief. When asked by Motorsport.com if his opinion had changed in the wake of recent efforts by FIA and teams to agree a plan for 2017, Hulkenberg said: "No. It is just a personal thing. I just don't like it. For me, it...
Full Story »
9y ago from Motorsport.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Lowe confident over 2017 head protection

– Mercedes' Paddy Lowe says research into improving head protection...
9y ago from GPUpdate.net

Lowe: Head protection may be in use for 2017

Paddy Lowe has backed plans to introduce head protection for drivers,...
9y ago from PlanetF1.com

Ricciardo welcomes head protection

Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo says Formula 1 drivers will welcome increased...
9y ago from BBC.co.uk

Daniel Ricciardo says F1 drivers back the Halo head...

Daniel Ricciardo says Formula 1 drivers would welcome the introduction of...
9y ago from GrandPrixTimes.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Sebastien Ogier wins 9th WRC title, Thierry Neuville...

Sebastien Ogier won his ninth WRC title in Saudia Arabia and Vincent...
25m ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Sebastien Ogier leads the virtual title chase as...

Friday in Saudi Arabia was the toughest day of the season. The overnight...
19h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Chelsea ready to break rival hearts with move for...

Chelsea are reportedly interested in the Arsenal youngster Myles...
25m ago from CaughtOffside.com

Top reporter confirms Arsenal, Man Utd & Chelsea...

Leading German football journalist Florian Plettenberg has more or less...
4h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Fierce battle expected as Chelsea make contact to sign...

Enzo Maresca's Chelsea have established contact as they look to sign...
2h ago from CaughtOffside.com

“Hopefully he brings the same energy” - John Terry...

Premier League Hall of Famer John Terry believes Chelsea defender Marc...
2h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.