News Details

Merc: Alonso first in line to replace Lewis

Motorsport boss Toto Wolff has admitted that Fernando Alonso is Mercedes' back-up plan for 2016 if Lewis Hamilton doesn't renew his contract. The 2014 World Champion's three-year deal with Mercedes runs out at the end of the 2015 season and both parties have revealed they are eager to continue the relationship beyond this campaign. Contract talks were put on hold mid-season last year so that Hamilton could focus on the title race with Nico Rosberg and it was initially claimed that they would re-enter discussions the week after the final race of the season. However, the final week of November passed, as did December, with no announcement from Mercedes or Hamilton. Speaking to Italy's...
Full Story »
10y ago from PlanetF1.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Wolff eyeing Alonso to replace Hamilton in 2016

Mercedes is eyeing Fernando Alonso as a potential replacement for Lewis...
10y ago from SpeedCafe.com

Alonso is Mercedes plan B if Hamilton leaves - Wolff

Mercedes would look to sign Fernando Alonso for the 2016 season if they...
10y ago from TheF1Times.com

Wolff: Alonso first in line for Hamilton's seat

Fernando Alonso is at the top of Mercedes' list, should Lewis Hamilton...
10y ago from F1Zone.net

Zanardi says Hamilton is better than Alonso

– Two-time CART Champion and ex-Formula 1 driver Alex Zanardi...
10y ago from GPUpdate.net

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Sebastien Ogier wins 9th WRC title, Thierry Neuville...

Sebastien Ogier won his ninth WRC title in Saudia Arabia and Vincent...

Sebastien Ogier leads the virtual title chase as...

Friday in Saudi Arabia was the toughest day of the season. The overnight...
23h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

“They are doing very well, but we haven't faced them...

Chelsea star Moises Caicedo has boldly said that his side can do well...
1h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Arsenal and Man United told how much they need to pay...

Arsenal and Manchester United will have to fork out £75 million to sign...
4h ago from CaughtOffside.com

“No better time for them to play Arsenal” - Ray...

Arsenal legend Ray Parlour expects Chelsea and his former side to play out...
2h ago from SportsKeeda.com

“Now we will be enemies but we are friends” -...

Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana has admitted that he has not spoken to...
4h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.