News Details

Vettel to replace Alonso ‘the right choice’ – Montezemolo

Ousted Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has backed the Italian team's signing of Sebastian Vettel for 2015. Amid the turmoil of Ferrari's 2014 campaign, long-time chief Montezemolo was among the casualties as parent Fiat Chrysler's Sergio Marchionne took over. 'I remain the biggest fan of Ferrari,' Italian media quoted Montezemolo as saying late on Monday, 'even if it is the end of an era both for myself and for Ferrari. 'Another era (for Ferrari) opens now, perhaps more financial but still important,' he added. As number 1 driver Fernando Alonso's switch to McLaren became official last week, the Spaniard explained his reasons for leaving Ferrari. 'As I still had a two-year contract,...
Full Story »
10y ago from ThisIsF1.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Montezemolo: I'm sorry about Alonso, but Vettel is...

Luca Di Montezemolo with Fernando Alonso Ousted Ferrari president Luca di...
10y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Ferrari urges team to 'embrace change and attack'

Ferrari's new chairman Sergio Marchionne has told his team to embrace...
10y ago from TheF1Times.com

Marchionne says Ferrari must not fear change

– Ferrari President Sergio Marchionne says that the squad must not...
10y ago from GPUpdate.net

Arrivabene: Ferrari must go on the attack in 2015

Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene has issued a rally cry...
10y ago from RichlandF1.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

“They are doing very well, but we haven't faced them...

Chelsea star Moises Caicedo has boldly said that his side can do well...
4h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Arsenal and Man United told how much they need to pay...

Arsenal and Manchester United will have to fork out £75 million to sign...
7h ago from CaughtOffside.com

“No better time for them to play Arsenal” - Ray...

Arsenal legend Ray Parlour expects Chelsea and his former side to play out...
5h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Chelsea ready to break rival hearts with move for...

Chelsea are reportedly interested in the Arsenal youngster Myles...
7h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

2025 F1 Qatar Grand Prix - Qualifying results

Check out the full results from the qualifying... Read More »
52m ago from RacingNews365.com

F1 2025 Qatar Grand Prix – Sprint Race Results

Oscar Piastri converted pole position to win the... Read More »
5h ago from MotorsportWeek.com

LIVE: 2025 F1 Qatar Grand Prix - Qualifying

Follow along with all the action live from the... Read More »
3h ago from RacingNews365.com

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.